Thank you so much for visiting this blog. Feel free to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I've set some of my favorite music to play while you're visiting. If you would prefer to read in silence, just find the black box in the right hand column and click the pause button.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas 2009

While we took down our Christmas decorations yesterday, I was thinking back over the great memories we have of this year's Advent Season. I am so thankful for the great health we enjoyed, but I'm most thankful for the awe and wonder of Emmanuel...God with us! We're always sad to "put away" Christmas...my oldest daughter was even making up a "Christmas Blues" song about the whole event. And yet there is something exciting about a freshly cleaned, and seemingly bare house as we enter the new year. It's full of possiblity as we wait in anticipation to see what the baby Jesus, our Savior, will do in our lives in the coming year. The kids are over their sadness now, and I think they have caught the "New Year Spirit" because I just overheard them talking about cleaning up and "redecorating" the play house out back with some cardboard boxes they found. My next few posts will be a little trip down memory lane through our Advent season since I just got our blog up and running.

No comments: