Thank you so much for visiting this blog. Feel free to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I've set some of my favorite music to play while you're visiting. If you would prefer to read in silence, just find the black box in the right hand column and click the pause button.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Fun Outings

Since we got the double stroller with attaching carseats, we have found ourselves to be quite mobile. We have had some fun outings over the last few days.  On Saturday I took the kids to a Farmer's Market.  I put one baby in the sling and put the other in the stroller and we were off.  We had such a blast...tasting all kinds of different fruits, sampling yummy delicacies (maple syrup pecans...cilantro and jalepeno hummus...lemon herb baked pita chips), sniffing fresh flowers and enjoying the  beautiful day. I would buy some veggies and fruits and Josh would figure a way to tie them on to the stroller as we rolled along.  We even got some very fresh eggs.  Being at the market gave me a chance to explain growing seasons. Josiah could not figure out why so many stands had fresh strawberries, but none had the grapes he desired.  We really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely go back again soon.

On Sunday evening my friend Virginia and I took the kids to Valencia to see a concert by the Children of the World choir. It was great.  The kids sang so beautifully. Our kids really enjoyed it. It was especially neat to see the children in their native dress since we have been studying Children Around the World in Social Studies this year.  They shared some staggering statistics about water usage and the lack of clean water in many countries.  It sure makes us appreciate our tap water...even if it does run brown for a day every once in a while.  Our ES from our charter school invited us to her church for the concert. Thanks Suzzan! We really enjoyed it.

This evening we hit the beach. Todd and the older 4 kids played football and flew a kite..but the babies were restless so I took them for a brisk stroll along the beach. The fresh air felt wonderful...there is nothing like being beside the mighty ocean to help one's perspective adjust.  When I got back from our walk, and we were getting in the car, I noticed the kids were graduated levels of wet...the younger they were...the wetter they were... from ankles all the way to the waist. I think that might be a law of nature..."The younger the child is, the wetter he shall get at the beach."  Definitely some direct proportionality going on there.

Yep...loving the double stroller and loving being out and about.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great fun-filled days. No wonder no one has been answering your phone. :-) I love it. Makes me wish I was there with you.
"The Lord God is in your midst. The Mighty One will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you wit His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephania 3:17
Love y'all
MOM